GLASGOW, Ky. — Barren River Lake State Resort Park is offering a chance to view the Perseids meteor shower away from city lights and learn more about the event this weekend at the park in south-central Kentucky.
The Louisville Astronomical Society will provide the astronomy program on Saturday. The event starts with a chance to make a shooting star craft at 4 p.m. CDT, followed by dinner in the Driftwood Restaurant and a literature and lecture session at 6:30 p.m. After the lecture, there’s a karaoke party, while stargazers wait for the sun to set.
The state Parks Department says several park areas are good for observing the Perseids, with the best viewing time between midnight and dawn.
For more information, contact Jamie Avery at jamie.avery(at)ky.gov or (800) 325-0057.meteor shower, Driftwood Restaurant, state Parks Department <BR/>
- Astronomy club ready for Perseids meteor shower
- Museum Photographs Meteor Shower
- New Jersey Astronomical Association, at Voorhees State Park in High Bridge … – Hunterdon County Democrat
- Cherry Springs State Park’s dark skies make it prime place to view stars, planets
- Stars-N-Parks astronomy program this Saturday at Rockhound State Park